Millions of dollars are given in grants every year, in a variety of ways, through the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona.
Our donors designate grants. They set up funds at the Foundation and determine how grants and distributions from their funds will be targeted. Read about how some of our donors have directed their gifts.
With the Foundation’s unrestricted funds, we invest in broad-based community investment collaborations and responsive grant rounds. Read about the current collaborations.
2014-15 Grant Rounds
Our responsive grant rounds will be announced by early spring 2015.
Some of our programs, collaborative funds, geographic affiliates and supporting organizations have grantmaking programs to which nonprofit organizations may apply. We have listed dates below and you can learn more about each grantmaking program by going to our partner websites.
The Alliance Fund will be holding its grant round in spring 2015. This fall, the Board of Directors will be holding focus groups to connect with stakeholders to determine the needs of LGBT people in Southern Arizona.
See the Fund for Civility, Respect and Understanding website for information on their grant program.
- November 1, 2014 – Grant round announced
- December 15, 2014 – Grant applications due
- December 2014 –Review begins
- January 2015 – Grants announced
- September 2014 – Community-wide launch session
- October 2014 – Letter of Inquiry submissions due
- December 2014 – Finalists are selected by Investment Committee
- December 2014 – Finalists notified and asked to submit full proposals
- January 2015 – Final proposals due
- February – March 2015- Site visits
- March 2015 – Funding decisions made by Investment Committee and lead partner(s) assigned to investee(s)
- March 2015 – Board ratification of Investment Committee recommendation
- April 2015 – Public announcement of new investees at annual partner meeting
- October 1, 2014 – Grant round opens
- January 15, 2015 – Application deadline
- February and March, 2015 – Application review and site visits
- March 31, 2015 – Grantees notified
- Early April, 2015 – Awards made
- October 1, 2014 – On-line Letters of Intent process opens
- October 31, 2014, 5:00 pm – Letters of Intent due
- November 2014, TBD – Requests for Proposals issued to selected applicants
- December 2014, TBD – Requests for Proposals due
- February 2015 – Site visits
- March 2015 – Grantees notified
- April 23, 2015 – Public announcement of grant recipients at WFSA Annual Luncheon