Millions of dollars are given in grants every year, in a variety of ways, through the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona.
Our donors designate grants. They set up funds at the Foundation and determine how grants and distributions from their funds will be targeted. Read about how some of our donors have directed their gifts.
With the Foundation’s unrestricted funds, we invest in broad-based community investment collaborations and responsive grant rounds. Read about the current collaborations.
2013-14 Responsive Grant Round: Poverty and its Effect on Children: Community Solutions
A methodical look at poverty and its effects on children, the Arizona Daily Star’s Losing Ground series made an impression on the Foundation’s Community Investment Team, a Board-appointed committee assigned to oversee the Foundation’s grant processes. This new grant round is meant to learn about the breadth and depth of the response of this issue and provide support to organizations working hard on solutions. CFSA Letter of Inquiry Guidelines 2013.
- September 13, 2013 – Grant round announced
- November 1, 2013 – Letter of Inquiry submissions due
- December 23, 2013 – Applicants notified of status
- January 31, 2014 – Final application deadline
- February 17 – March 6, 2014 – Site visits
- March 28, 2014 – Notification letters mailed
Some of our programs, collaborative funds, geographic affiliates and supporting organizations have grantmaking programs to which nonprofit organizations may apply. We have listed dates below and you can learn more about each grantmaking program by going to our partner websites.
- August 2014 – Grant round to be announced
- September 24, 2014 – Grant applications due
- October 15-17, 2014 – Site visits
- Late November – Grantees to be notified
- January 14, 2015 – Awards made at grant reception
See the Fund for Civility, Respect and Understanding website for information on their grant program.
- November 1, 2014 – Grant round announced
- December 15, 2014 – Grant applications due
- December 2014 –Review begins
- January 2015 – Grants announced
- September 2014 – Community-wide launch session
- October 2014 - Letter of Inquiry submissions due
- December 2014 - Finalists are selected by Investment Committee
- December 2014 - Finalists notified and asked to submit full proposals
- January 2015 - Final proposals due
- February – March 2015- Site visits
- March 2015 - Funding decisions made by Investment Committee and lead partner(s) assigned to investee(s)
- March 2015 - Board ratification of Investment Committee recommendation
- April 2015 – Public announcement of new investees at annual partner meeting
- October 1, 2014 – Grant round opens
- January 15, 2015 – Application deadline
- February and March, 2015 – Application review and site visits
- March 31, 2015 – Grantees notified
- Early April, 2015 – Awards made
- October 1, 2014 – On-line Letters of Intent process opens
- October 31, 2014, 5:00 pm – Letters of Intent due
- November 2014, TBD – Requests for Proposals issued to selected applicants
- December 2014, TBD – Requests for Proposals due
- February 2015 – Site visits
- March 2015 – Grantees notified
- April 23, 2015 – Public announcement of grant recipients at WFSA Annual Luncheon