Santa Cruz Community Foundation invites nonprofit organizations serving Santa Cruz County to apply to its competitive grant round.
Requests up to $5,000 will be considered. Proposals must fall within established guidelines, and only one application will be accepted per organization. The grant period is for one year: December 1, 2019 – November 30, 2020.
Applications were accepted from October 1, 2019 until November 1, 2019.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- The applicant must be a 501(c)(3) in good standing, conducting charitable work in Santa Cruz County.
- The organization must have local leadership in the form of a board of directors or advisory committee, local financial support, and local program management and accountability. In the case of nationally-sponsored organizations, no portion of the grant can be used to support the national, state or regional entity.
- The proposed program must directly benefit people living in Santa Cruz County.
- Grants are generally not made to individuals, for profit organizations, government entities, capital fund drives, agency endowments, individual schools or for sectarian purposes.
- The grant period is one year in duration. An agency can not apply for funding until all reports required for previous awards have been received.
- One of our guiding principles is to honor the rich diversity of our community and to promote equal opportunities for all people. Awards made by the Foundation’s various grant panels support organizations that do not discriminate in their employment practices, volunteer opportunities or delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, disability, ethnicity, marital status, familial status, gender identity, economic circumstances and/or veteran status.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted through an online process with Common Grant Application. We strongly encourage you to review the tutorial video which contains important information on how to register/login and submit an application. To view the video: click here.
Who We Are
An affiliate of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, Santa Cruz Community Foundation (SCCF) is a permanent charitable resource that was founded in 2001 by area residents to empower their community to invest. SCCF assists Santa Cruz County to prepare for the future by strengthening the community through the awarding of scholarships and grants to nonprofit organizations.
As SCCF’s umbrella organization, the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona (CFSA) provides expertise and skilled guidance to help donors give back in ways that are aligned with their charitable and financial goals. A diverse Board of Trustees oversees the CFSA’s growing community endowment – which includes assets earmarked for Santa Cruz County – and ensures that donors’ intentions are honored now and forever.
Contact Mark Montoya, Vice President of Operations at (520) 209-2868 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Huber, Director, Community Investments at the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona at (520) 209-2858 or email@example.com.
Through the generosity of our donors, we offer a wide variety of scholarship opportunities to students seeking higher education. Information regarding our scholarships will be available later this Fall.