The Community Foundation for Southern Arizona is inviting Southern Arizona artists to display and sell art throughout its Community Foundation Campus. The deadline for submissions is February 6, 2023.
Centrally located at Broadway and Rosemont, the Campus is home to 20 local nonprofits and hosts thousands of visitors annually. In addition to physical viewing and sales opportunities, selected artists will be highlighted during the year through digital storytelling and promotion. Submissions are free, and artists retain 100% of sales.
Artwork Display Guidelines:
Artwork that aligns with the following guidelines can be submitted. CFSA staff members will determine if an artwork is ineligible for display prior to Committee review.
- Artwork must be ready to install on a wall, including hanging wire. Works should not exceed 6 feet in any single direction and 6 inches from the wall.
- We also welcome submissions of smaller, three-dimensional art pieces (sculpture, glasswork, ceramics, jewelry, etc.). Maximum dimensions are 20 inches high x 5 inches deep x 15 inches wide.
- Artists may submit up to four pieces of art. Re-applicants may choose to submit the same pieces currently displayed or new pieces for consideration. Collections are appreciated.
- Artists must be willing to deliver and pick up their art if selected. Selected pieces will remain installed at the Community Foundation Campus until February 2024.
- If a work is sold, we ask that the artist replaces it with a piece deemed appropriate by CFSA staff or the Art Committee.
- Only original works by residents of Southern Arizona will be considered.
- No portrayals of nudity, violence, gore, or overt political statements, please.
We invite submissions that consider your interpretation of the history, beauty, diverse cultures, unique environment, and challenges that face the Southwest region.
The following criteria will be considered in evaluating all submissions:
- Artistic Merit
- Artwork that communicates unique perspective(s), creativity, and/or innovation
- Artwork that demonstrates a combination of aesthetics, technical skill, and delivery that is engaging emotionally, intellectually, or spiritually
- Artist has an authentic relationship or connection to the content or community portrayed in the work
- Site Appropriateness
- Scale: Accessibility for installation and public viewing
- Safety: Artwork will not a)pose a public safety hazard or b)create a hostile work environment for employees
- Audience: artwork is suitable for all ages
A selection committee comprised of a diverse group of community volunteers and Community Foundation Campus tenants will be responsible for reviewing submissions and selecting artwork for display. Final selections will be based on the criteria listed above and the availability of display locations at the Community Foundation Campus.
Thank you to all who submitted! This year’s round of art is now closed.
- November 7, 2022: Submission Form Opens
- February 6, 2023: Submission Form Closes
- February 27, 2023: Announcement of Selected Artists
- March 10-11, 2023: Selected Artworks Delivered to CF Campus
- March 28, 2023: Artist Reception Event
Download A Printable Flyer
For questions or support, please contact Natalia Gabrielsen at email@example.com or 520-289-8003.