Since 2016, the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona (CFSA) has honored individuals who have helped others by giving of themselves to make Southern Arizona a more inclusive and welcoming place to live. CFSA is pleased to announce that nominations for the 2019 Civic Leadership Award opened on December 3, 2018.
Nominations will be accepted for individuals that have demonstrated leadership through compassion and understanding of the communities they serve. In addition, the nominee should be an inclusive leader and work in partnership with diverse communities.
Nominations must be completed on Common Grant Application platform by January 25, 2019.
We have developed a video tutorial on how to submit a nomination if this is your first-time using Common Grant.
The Civic Leadership Award recipient will be honored at the CFSA’s Annual event in March.
- Nominee is recognized as a Civic Leader
- Nominee must be based in and serving southern Arizona
- Nominee has demonstrated inspirational leadership by helping others and by helping to make Southern Arizona a more inclusive and welcoming place to live
- The recipient must be able to participate in public relations before, during and after the event and willing to speak to the attendees at the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona’s Annual Event in March
- Nominations may be made by anyone familiar with the nominee
- Before submission, nominee(s) must agree to be nominated; verification is included on the application
- Up to three letters of support, no more than 1 page in length may be uploaded along with the application – A minimum of one letter is required
- Only fully completed nominations with no more than three letters submitted by the deadline will be considered
- A review committee selected by the Community Investment Team of CFSA shall be appointed to determine the recipient from among the nominees
- All nominees will be notified prior to the event
- December 3, 2018 – Award Opens
- January 18, 2019 – Deadline for submission, 5pm
- March 2019 –Award Presentation during CFSA’s Annual Event
Please contact Enedina Miller, Program Manager, Awards, Community Foundation for Southern Arizona at 520-209-1525 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding this process.
2018 Bishop Emeritus Gerald Kicanis
2017 Ray Davies
2016 Martha Ortiz
2016 Noel Matkin