To ensure your year-end giving goes as smoothly as possible, we want to highlight a few key dates and several charitable giving benefits to consider for 2023.
Year-End Grants from Your Donor Advised Fund
- The turnaround time from receipt of grant recommendations to the issuance of a check is approximately two weeks, but can take longer at the end of the year.
- Grant recommendations should be made in the Donor Portal by December 10, 2023, to facilitate issuing grant checks prior to year-end. Please contact CFSA at email@example.com for assistance accessing the portal.
- If the grant needs to be counted for a year-end match, please contact CFSA as soon as possible by calling 520-770-0800 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year-End Gifts: Dates + Deadlines
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to CFSA must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2023. Our mailing address is 5049 E. Broadway Blvd., Suite 201, Tucson, AZ, 85711.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL must be physically received on or before Friday, December 29, 2023.
- Online contributions may be made on our website until 11:59 PM on December 31, 2023, at cfsaz.org/give/.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 27, 2023. Please contact the CFSA Finance Team for transfer instructions.
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be made by December 22, 2023. Please contact the CFSA Finance Team as soon as possible for specific transfer instructions.
- Because they often take longer to complete, we recommend initiating mutual fund transfers by Friday, December 1, 2023. We recommend contacting your financial services firm as soon as possible because they may have deadlines for initiating transfers to ensure we receive them by year-end. Please contact the CFSA Finance Team for specific transfer instructions.
- To make a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA, we recommend starting the process as soon as possible to ensure that your gift is received by CFSA before December 29, 2023.
Although IRA Distributions cannot be contributed to a donor advised fund or a supporting organization, they offer an opportunity to reduce your taxable income while supporting critical nonprofits in our community through our CORE Grants Program, Center for Healthy Nonprofits, Field of Interest Impact Funds, and other initiatives and programs.