Pima Alliance for Animal Welfare (PAAW), an initiative of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, is working to ensure all Pima County companion animals have a loving home and humane care. Through its Human Animal Bond subcommittee, PAAW helps identify, establish, and share services that will help community members better care for their pets.
One of the ways the Human Animal Bond subcommittee supports this goal is by sharing a monthly list of free and reduced-cost resources compiled by No Kill Pima County.
Click here to download a printable PDF with October’s pet resource specials, including eligibility and pricing.
Pet Resource Special for October 2023
Free/Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Events
Asavet Free or Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Clinics:
- Asavet Low-Cost Spay/Neuter | October 4th | 8 AM check-in | VFW Post 10254 10111 S. Sasabe Rd | $30 co-pay or $5 co-pay with proof of government assistance | Sponsored by AWASA | 2 pets per household limit, 30 pets for the day limit | Optional vaccines (with surgery) DAPP/PRC $20, Rabies $18, E-collar required on male dogs 5 months and older or vets discretion $15 | Pima County residents, 3 Points area preferred, not Marana or Sahuarita or rescues | Remain in car until check-in table is ready | Questions – Call 520-889-9643.
- Asavet Low-Cost Spay/Neuter | October 25th | 8 AM check-in | The Animal League of Green Valley | 1600 W Dural Mine Rd, Green Valley, AZ | $40 COPAY | Free Vaccines for surgery patients only (not a vaccine clinic) | Litters under 5 months – $10/per animal (if Mom is spayed at the same time) | Annual limit 3 pets per household. | Questions – Call 520-889-9643.
For all Asavet Spay/Neuter Events:
- No food after 12 am (the morning of surgery).
- Pets under 5 months of age do not need to have fasted.
- All dogs must be on a lease or in the pet carrier.
- All cats must be in a pet carrier.
- All pets must be a minimum of 2 months old and weigh 2 pounds.
- No appointments, only first come, first serve.
- Monday – Friday Throughout October |Santa Cruz Veterinary Clinic | 5408 S. 12th | Free Community Cat Trap Neuter Return | Check-in is from 9 AM to 11 AM | Blackout Dates (No drop off): Call 520-889-9644 for information/updates.
- Snip N Tip | October 20th – 22nd | Free spay/neuter for community (outdoor) cats | Pima Animal Care Center – 4000 N. Silverbell | Sign up is required and further information can be found here: https://waitwhile.com/locations/snipntip
- October 11th and 25th | Drive thru 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM | Pathways For Paws | Parvo/Distemper vaccines and $15 microchips | 2035 E. 17th St. | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available (required for licensing). First come, first serve. Questions: text 520-444-7803
- October 14th | Drive thru 8 AM to 9 AM | Pathways For Paws | Parvo/Distemper vaccines and $15 microchips | 13105 E Colossal Cave Rd Vail. | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available (required for licensing). First come, first serve. Questions: text 520-444-7803
- October 17th | Drive thru 5 PM to 6 PM | Pathways For Paws | Parvo/Distemper vaccines and $15 microchips | 4885 S. Houghton Rd | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available (required for licensing). First come, first serve. Questions: text 520-444-7803
- Please Check Paws for Pathways’ Facebook page for date | Drive thru 9 AM to 10 AM | Pathways For Paws | Parvo/Distemper vaccines and $15 microchips | 6363 N. Sanders, Picture Rocks | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available (required for licensing). First come, first serve. Questions: text 520-444-7803
Pet Food Assistance:
- Cody’s Friends offers free food for pets and community cats year-round. Visit their website to learn more here.
- To see the full list of pet food resources and programs available in your area, click here.
Additional Outreach and Support:
- Additional information on other sources of support for free or low-cost resources may be found at pets.findhelp.com
- Always check the No Kill Pima County website for the most up-to-date information and a full directory of everyday low-cost options as well as free and reduced-cost pet resources. Click the links below to learn more about each category: Spay & Neuter | Clinics, Vaccines & Dental | Financial Assistance | Emergency Housing | Re-Homing Assistance | Pet Training | Lost Pet | Pet-Friendly Housing