Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2022 Hellene Henrikson Fund of the Lutheran Church of the Foothills Grant Round. Applications are due by September 30, 2022.
For the Fall 2022 grant round, the area of focus is organizations working to combat housing insecurity. Housing insecurity is the lack of security of individuals shelter which may result from high housing costs relative to income, poor housing quality, unstable neighborhoods, or overcrowding. Grant recipients may also seek to address the physical, mental, or societal impacts of housing insecurity in our community.
Requirements for the Hellene Henrikson Fund include:
- The applicant must be a 501(c)(3) in good standing, based in and doing charitable work in Southern Arizona, specifically Pima County, Santa Cruz County, or Cochise County.
- The organization must have local leadership in the form of a board of directors or advisory committee, local financial support, and local program management and accountability. In the case of nationally sponsored organizations, no portion of the grant can be used to support the national, state, or regional entity.
- The proposed program must directly benefit youth living in one of the above-defined local areas.
- Grants are generally not made to individuals, for-profit organizations, government entities, capital fund drives, agency endowments, individual schools, or for sectarian purposes.
- Organizations will not be eligible to reapply until the following grant solicitation.