Budget-Building for Grantwriters
Jul. 18, 2018
9:00 – 10:30 am
So … how do we get there from here? That’s the question we’ll explore in this down-to-earth, myth-busting session.
- You’ll learn why you should never plan your proposal budget using the form the grantmaker gives you … and what you can use instead
- Working with a real-life scenario, we’ll make our way through each of the six major budget categories … looking at the key issues and challenges you can expect to run into in each one
- You’ll have the chance to whip out your calculator and try your own hand at thinking through some of the situations in our real-life scenario – some are pretty tricky!
- You’ll get a behind-the-scenes view of how grantmakers evaluate your proposal budget – and what your budget tells them about your organization
- You’ll understand the importance of taking a “total value” approach to budget-building, to clearly and compellingly show the value of everything it takes to do our work successfully
- And we’ll clear away the confusion around value of volunteer time, accounting for “match,” handling administrative/indirect costs, and other perennially perplexing budget issues
BONUS: In this session, you’ll be introduced to GrantsMagic U’s exclusive Master Budget Planning Checklist and Worksheet, a powerful planning tool to help make sure you’re crafting a budget that is comprehensive, realistic, and bullet-proof—and that will work for you, your organization, and your grantmaking partners.