The Community Foundation for Southern Arizona is pleased to announce that nominations for the 2018 Buddy Amos Founders Award opened December 3, 2018. The review committee will be looking for individuals, couples (related or unrelated) or families that helped found a nonprofit organization and have demonstrated inspirational leadership in the areas of community service, philanthropy, mentoring, collaboration and/or systemic community change on behalf of the organization, its mission AND beyond the organization itself.
- Nominees are recognized as the Founder(s) of a nonprofit organization
- The nominees’ organization must be based in and serving Southern Arizona
- Nominees can be an individual, couple (related or unrelated) or family
- Nominees have demonstrated inspirational leadership in the areas of community service, philanthropy, mentoring, collaboration and/or systems change that reaches beyond the organization
- The recipient must be able to participate in public relations before, during and after the event and willing to speak to the attendees at the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona’s March event.
- Nominations may be made by anyone familiar with the Founder/nominee
- Before submission, nominee(s) must agree to be nominated; verification is included on the application Up to three letters of support no more than 1 page in length may be uploaded along with the application. A minimum of one letter is required. No more than 1 letter from the organization they founded
- Only fully completed nominations with no more than three letters submitted by the deadline will be considered
- A review committee selected by the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona’s Board of Trustees shall be appointed to determine the recipient from among the nominees
- All nominees will be notified prior to the event
- December 3, 2018– Award opened
- January 18, 2019 – Deadline for submission, 5pm
- March 2019 – Award celebration
We have developed a video tutorial on how to submit a nomination if this is your first-time using Common Grant.
Recipient(s) will be announced and celebrated at CFSA’s Annual Event in March 2019.
Please contact Enedina Miller, Program Manager, Awards Community Foundation for Southern Arizona at 520-209-1525 or email@example.com for questions regarding this process.