You are invited to a workshop in Sierra Vista hosted by the Legacy Foundation of Southeast Arizona in partnership with the Center for Healthy Nonprofits, Arizona Community Foundation, and AZ Impact for Good.
Service on a nonprofit board is often likened to a “team sport” because effective governance requires collaboration, shared goals, and coordinated efforts among board members, as well as a strong partnership with the organization’s staff.
While the primary focus will be on helping boards govern more effectively, this fun and interactive session will underscore the importance of working together to achieve shared goals and maximize the organization’s impact.
This workshop is targeted toward Board leaders and the staff members who interact with and support the Board and its committees. If you’re ready to reimagine how your board is structured and how it functions, this three-hour workshop will provide you with tools and insights, including the following topics (and more):
- Established governance best practices—tips and tricks to make board meetings more effective and to ensure the board committees are contributing to the overall work of the board and the organization
- The Executive Director/CEO’s partnership with the Board is built on a foundation of trust, strong communications, and alignment on the mission, vision, and strategic goals
- Keys to shared leadership by the Executive Director/CEO and Board Chair with understanding and respect for roles and boundaries
- Role clarity, including agreement on job descriptions for volunteer leadership roles, committee charters, and engagement with staff
- Building a positive board culture where members are actively engaged, strive to be good teammates, and provide support for financial oversight and stewardship
- Ways to utilize regular self-evaluation of the board’s performance and effectiveness to set priorities for board growth and development
This is a free, in-person event and will take place on Wednesday, February 14, 2024, from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM at the Legacy Foundation Outreach Center in Sierra Vista, AZ. Light refreshments will be provided. Please fill out the form below to reserve your spot today!