Starting November 6, 2023, artists in Southern Arizona will be able to submit their work for the 2024 Call to Artists. Applications will be open through January 26, 2024.
The Community Foundation Campus (CF Campus), a unique nonprofit coworking and event space, invites Southern Arizona artists to display and sell art throughout its facility. A vibrant hub for the nonprofit community in Southern Arizona, CF Campus offers ample non-traditional space to display art reflecting the community we serve.
Centrally located at Broadway and Rosemont, the CF Campus is home to over 20 local nonprofits and hosts thousands of visitors annually. In addition to physical viewing and sales opportunities, selected artists will be highlighted during the year through digital storytelling and promotion. Submissions are free, and artists retain 100% of sales.
Artwork Display Guidelines
Artwork that aligns with the following guidelines can be submitted. CFSA staff will determine if an artwork is ineligible for display prior to Committee review.
- Artwork must be ready to install on a wall, including hanging wire. Works should not exceed 6 feet in any direction and project no more than 6 inches from the wall.
- We also welcome submissions of smaller, three-dimensional art pieces (sculpture, glasswork, ceramics, jewelry, etc.). Maximum dimensions are 20h” x 5d” x 15w”.
- Up to four pieces of art may be submitted by artists. Re-applicants may choose to submit the same pieces currently displayed or new pieces for consideration. Collections are appreciated.
- If selected, artists must be willing to deliver and pick up their art. Selected pieces will remain installed at the CF Campus for the annual exhibition until February 2025. Pickup dates will be scheduled early that year.
- If a work is sold, we ask that the artist replace it with a piece deemed appropriate by staff or the Art Committee.
- Only original works by residents of Southern Arizona, south of the Gila River, will be considered.
- No portrayals of nudity, violence, gore, or overt political statements, please.
We invite submissions that consider your interpretation of the history, beauty, diverse cultures, unique environment, and challenges that face the Southwest region. The following criteria will be considered in evaluating all submissions:
- Artwork communicates unique perspective(s), creativity, and/or innovation.
- Artwork demonstrates a combination of aesthetics, technical skill, and delivery which is emotionally, intellectually, or spiritually engaging.
- Artist has an authentic relationship or connection to the content or community involved in the work.
Appropriateness For Site:
- Scale: Accessibility for installation/public viewing.
- Safety: Artwork will not a) pose a public safety hazard or b) create a hostile work environment for employees.
- Audience: Suitability for all ages.
Starting November 6, visit our Art at Campus page to complete the application. Make sure to attach photos of all works submitted for consideration.
A selection committee comprised of a diverse group of community volunteers and CF Campus tenants will be responsible for reviewing submissions and selecting work. Final selections will be based on the criteria listed above, as well as the availability of display locations on the CF Campus.
November 6, 2023: Submission Form Opens
January 26, 2024: Submission Form Closes
February 23, 2024: Announcement of Selected Artists
March 8-9, 2024: Selected Artworks Delivered to CF Campus
April 4, 2024: Artist Reception and Market Event
For questions or support, please contact Natalia Gabrielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-289-8003.