The Community Foundation for Southern Arizona (CFSA) has supported the arts since its founding in 1980. As one of only 7 community foundations to receive a 2:1 challenge grant in 1986 from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), CFSA embraced the opportunity to establish a fund to support the work of small- and medium-sized arts organizations based in rural communities.
If you are an arts organization based in and serving a rural community in Southern Arizona and meet the eligibility requirements, please contact Enedina Miller, Program Manager with the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the application process.
If you are a rural arts organization, we encourage you to contact us to submit an application. We are always seeking to learn more about what both emerging and established art organizations are doing.
Endowment for the Arts 2023 Grant Round Eligibility Requirements
- The applicant must be based in a rural community and be a 501(c)(3) in good standing. For the purposes of this grant program, rural is described as a community located in Arizona south of the Gila River, and has a population of 50,000 or less.
- The applicant’s annual budget cannot exceed $150,000 a year.
- Applicants must be an arts organization that has been providing arts programming for a minimum of three years prior to the submission of this application.
- The applicant must serve low-income and/or minority participants. CFSA gives priority to agencies that include representatives of these demographics in all aspects of the organization including production/presentation/exhibition, governance, management and administration, and financial support.
- The application has an audience development component as part of its annual goals. CFSA is interested in encouraging arts organizations to become self-sufficient to the extent that they can, and growing audience is an important strategy.
- Grants range from $5,000- $15,000.
Important Dates for the 2023 Grant Round:
- February 3, 2023 – Proposals Requested
- March 3, 2023 – Proposals Due
- Week of April 3, 2022 – Notifications sent
Learn more about CFSA’s Endowment for the Arts Grant Program