To ensure your year-end giving goes as smoothly as possible, we want to highlight a few key dates and several charitable giving benefits to consider for 2022.
Year-End Grants from Your Donor Advised Fund
- The turnaround time from receipt of grant recommendations to the issuance of a check is approximately two weeks.
- Grant recommendations should be made in the Donor Portal by December 14, 2022, to facilitate issuing grant checks prior to year-end. Please contact CFSA at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance accessing the portal.
- If the grant needs to be counted for a year-end match, please contact CFSA as soon as possible by calling 520-770-0800 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Year-End Gifts: Dates + Deadlines
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to CFSA must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2022. Our mailing address is 5049 E. Broadway Blvd., Suite 201, Tucson, AZ, 85711.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL must be physically received on or before December 31, 2022.
- Online contributions may be made until 11:59 PM on December 31, 2022, at cfsaz.org/give/.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 28, 2022. Please contact the CFSA Finance Team for transfer instructions.
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be made by December 23, 2022. Please contact the CFSA Finance Team as soon as possible for specific transfer instructions.
- Because they often take longer to complete, we recommend initiating mutual fund transfers by Thursday, December 1, 2022. You may also wish to contact your financial services firm because they may have deadlines for initiating transfers to ensure we receive them by year-end. Please contact the CFSA Finance Team as soon as possible for specific transfer instructions.
- To make a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA, we recommend starting the process as soon as possible to ensure that your gift is received by CFSA on or before December 30, 2022. Although IRA Distributions cannot be contributed to a donor advised fund or a supporting organization, they offer an opportunity to reduce your taxable income while supporting a scholarship, field-of-interest, or designated fund, including the initiatives and funds at CFSA, such as our CORE Grants Program, Center for Healthy Nonprofits, or Field of Interest Impact Funds.