Since 2017, CFSA has granted 122 CORE Grants totaling over $3.5 million to nonprofits in Southern Arizona through its CORE Grants program. CORE Grants provide nonprofits with the flexible working capital necessary to maximize their impact and improve the quality of life in Southern Arizona.
We have heard a clear desire from CFSA donors like you for more opportunities to engage with the Foundation and the exceptional nonprofits making a difference in Southern Arizona. In response, CFSA initiated the CORE Donor Collaborator Program that allows you to partner with CFSA and other donors in the community to learn about and support high-performing local nonprofits.
All new CORE contributions will be matched!
As a CORE Collaborator, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage your charitable giving to make a greater impact. The Connie Hillman Family Foundation has generously agreed to match any new and increased contributions to the 2023 CORE Grants program.
In addition, you will hear firsthand from staff members about current needs and priorities in the community, learn about critical nonprofits providing high-quality services, and connect with donors who share your dedication and commitment.
You can support CORE Grants through your IRA.
If you are 70.5 years or older, you can make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) directly to CFSA from your IRA to support our CORE Grants Program and avoid any tax implications. In addition to avoiding taxable income, your IRA distribution will be matched and immediately put to use supporting high-impact nonprofits in our community. It truly is a win-win opportunity.
CORE Collaborator Training
Meeting ID: 854 6476 1275
One tap mobile +17207072699,, 85464761275# US (Denver)
Core Grants 2023: Collaborator Timeline
- November 7, 2022: RFP released online
- December 2, 2022: Applications due at 5 PM MST
- December 5, 2022: January 5, 2023: CFSA Internal Screening
- January 5, 2023: CORE Collaborator Orientation
- January 5, 2023: Proposals released to Collaborators online via Common Grant Application portal
- February 10, 2023: Committee Review – Committee provides scores and eligible groups for reference
- March 9, 2023: Applicant videos released to Collaborators via online links
- March 23, 2023: Final scores provided to Collaborator from Community Review Committee
- March 29, 2023: Collaborators final decisions deadlines
- April 7, 2023: Grantees will be notified
- May 4, 2023 (9 AM – 11 AM): Award Ceremony (In-person at CFSA)
- December 2023: 6-Month Check-In
- May 2024: Final Reports Due
If you are interested in becoming a CORE Collaborator, please fill out the interest form below.
Want to learn more?
Please contact Kelly Huber, CFSA’s Vice President for Philanthropy, to learn more about CORE Grants and how you can participate as a CORE Collaborator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-209-2858.
*There is no required financial or time commitment to be a part of the CORE Collaborative. All members can personalize their level of involvement in the process.