CFSA’s staff is made up of an extraordinary group of people who strive to put our core purpose and values into action through their individual and collective work. We are excited to share a bit more about the members of each department over the next several weeks, starting with the Community Investments team!
The Community Investments (CI) team is responsible for strategic direction, oversight and implementation of all community investments, including competitive and donor grantmaking, supporting organizations, programs/initiatives, and awards/scholarships.
Leading the CI team, and responsible for the strategic direction and oversight of all things CI, is Kelly Huber, Senior Director of Community Investments.
Kelly has over 15 years of experience in the nonprofit sector working in all aspects from executive leadership, fundraising/development, and programmatic capacities. Kelly says she feels lucky every day to work with and learn from the amazing southern Arizona nonprofit community. She earned a BA in Spanish, BS in Environmental Science, and MS in Nonprofit Organizational Management. Personally, as the mother of two young boys, she has learned more about Lego and Minecraft than she ever needed to know and, as a native Tucsonan, her favorite Eegees flavor-of-the-month is Lucky Lime.
When asked what she loves most about working at CFSA, Kelly responded, “I love learning about the amazing ways our community supports each other. There is never a dull moment!”
Kelly Fun Facts:
- In her spare time, Kelly loves to spend time with her family, go on adventures, and spend time outdoors
- Kelly’s favorite food is appetizers and snacks. She could eat a whole meal of just little bites and small tastes, and she loves trying new food
- She loves listening to all different artists and discovering new ones, but during the pandemic her main source of music has been her sons’ virtual band practice
Enedina Miller, Program Manager, Awards, focuses on CFSA’s Awards in addition to her other CI work.
Community and family are strongly linked in Enedina’s heart. Enedina’s work at CFSA gives her the honor of positively impacting the community in which she was born and raised. She has a big family and loves spending time with her husband, their two kids, and their dog. In the moments between work and parenthood, she finds herself reading a book, watching a sappy love movie, or dancing to Bruno Mars!
When asked what she loves most about working at CFSA, Enedina shared, “I love having a positive impact on the community my kids are living in.”
Enedina Fun Facts:
- In her spare time, Enedina is catching up on reading or watching a movie
- Her favorite food is ice cream
- Her favorite album is Mariah Carey’s “Butterfly,” and of course…Bruno Mars!
Jeaiza Quiñones, Community Investments Program Manager, specializes in CFSA’s Scholarships among her other CI work.
Jeaiza has a background in both higher education and Marketing/Communications and is passionate about connecting donors with Southern Arizona students who depend on their philanthropy to continue their education. In her spare time, she is a blogger and loves to read.
When asked what she loves most about working at CFSA, she shared, “I love the work that we get to do every day to make an impact on our community and the opportunities we get to meet and work with different people. The work can sometimes be challenging, but it’s always fulfilling.”
Jeaiza Fun Facts:
- In her spare time, Jeaiza loves to read and also owns and operates a small business
- Her favorite food is Italian food. Pasta is the way to her heart!
- She has many favorite musicians, but one of her favorites is Queen
Laci Lester, Programs Manager, Initiatives, manages CFSA’s Initiatives in addition to her other CI work.
Laci jump-started her career in service work through the Lodestar Center’s Public Allies program in 2008. She brings a touch of service and a lens for diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of her work. Laci seeks to use her experience in service to make connections and build trust between CFSA and the communities we serve. Laci holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and is both an AmeriCorps alumna and a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer. Outside of her professional endeavors, Laci is an avid reader and performance artist.
When asked what she loves most about working at CFSA, Laci shared that she loves working with her community. It brings her joy to see the work and dedication that people have for helping others.
Laci Fun Facts:
- In her spare time, Laci likes to nap, create, walk, and veg. “I am a simple human,” she shared
- Her favorite food is anything friend or wrapped in a carb, such as pie, breakfast burritos, empanadas, etc.
- She doesn’t have a favorite musician, as it is always evolving with the seasons of her life. However, she does have a fondness for moody alternative music from the late ’90s and early ’00s
Paula Van Ness, Program Manager, Center for Healthy Nonprofits, is responsible for the operation of the Center for Healthy Nonprofits.
Paula is a seasoned chief executive with experience in a wide range of national and regional nonprofits. With a Master’s degree in Organizational Development, her track record includes training and mentoring next-gen leaders and building, turning around, and transforming nonprofits.
When asked what she loves most about working at CFSA, Paula stated, “I love putting programs into place to strengthen organizations and benefit the great people who work for and on behalf of our nonprofit community – board/staff members and consultants.”
Paula Fun Facts:
- She is in three book groups and does a lot of reading!
- Her favorite food is Mexican food. Being from Indiana, she only discovered Mexican food once she came to UA for college
- Paula’s favorite music genre is contemporary jazz, and some of her favorite artists are Chris Botti, Richard Elliott and Dave Koz