Thinking about starting a nonprofit or already have filed the paperwork but you are still in start-up mode? In either case, we want to help answer your questions and keep you from feeling like you are reinventing the wheel.
• Is there a roadmap to follow?
• Do you have questions about finding and using a fiscal sponsor?
• Want to make sure you file all the right paperwork with the state and IRS?
• Need some advice about recruiting and onboarding people to serve on the board of directors?
• How to handle donations? What resources are available in Southern Arizona to help start up nonprofits?
• Anything and everything else that could trip you up and slow you down–bring your questions and the group will help you get answers to your burning questions.
Join Nancy March and Paula Van Ness and others who are also forming new nonprofits on March 7th from 9:30 AM – 11 AM on Zoom.
Please select the ‘Registration’ button above to receive the Zoom link.
About Our Speakers
Nancy March, a Tucson attorney, retired from her practice as a business bankruptcy and estate planning lawyer several years ago to devote more time to helping nonprofits with legal questions and governance issues, on a volunteer or low-fee basis. Over the years, Nancy has served as Board President for several nonprofit organizations, including the Tucson Symphony Orchestra, the Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, the Fox Tucson Theatre Foundation and True Concord Voices and Orchestra.
Paula Van Ness, a semi-retired nonprofit executive, now serves as Director for CFSA’s Center for Healthy Nonprofits. She has served on several nonprofit boards over the last 45 years, including many stints as board chair, treasurer or as the chair of governance, finance and audit committees. Additionally she partnered with boards during her service as a CEO. Recently she finished a term as Chair of a nonprofit homelessness organization based in Los Angeles and currently serves as a board member of the Pima Foundation (Pima Community College Foundation) and in a leadership position for her church. She has a master’s degree from University of San Francisco in Organizational Development.