Pima Alliance for Animal Welfare (PAAW), an initiative of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, is working to ensure all Pima County companion animals have a loving home and humane care. Through its Human Animal Bond subcommittee, PAAW helps identify, establish, and share services that will help community members better care for their pets.
One of the ways the Human Animal Bond subcommittee supports this goal is by sharing a monthly list of free and reduced-cost resources compiled by No Kill Pima County.
Click here to download a printable PDF with November’s pet resource specials, including eligibility and pricing.
Pet Resource Special for November 2023
Free/Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Events
Asavet Free or Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Clinics:
- The monthly Asavet spay/neuter event in Three Points is canceled for November due to an unforeseen medical emergency for the veterinarian.
- Asavet Low-Cost Spay/Neuter | November 8th | 8 AM check-in | The Animal League of Green Valley | 1600 W Dural Mine Rd, Green Valley, AZ | $40 COPAY | Free Vaccines for surgery patients only (not a vaccine clinic) | Litters under 5 months – $10/per animal (if Mom is spayed at the same time) | Annual limit 3 pets per household. | 30 pet limit for the day | Questions – Call 520-889-9643.
For all Asavet Spay/Neuter Events:
- No food after 12 am (the morning of surgery).
- Pets under 5 months of age do not need to have fasted.
- All dogs must be on a lease or in the pet carrier.
- All cats must be in a pet carrier.
- All pets must be a minimum of 2 months old and weigh 2 pounds.
- No appointments, only first come, first serve.
- Monday – Friday Throughout November |Santa Cruz Veterinary Clinic | 5408 S. 12th | Free Community Cat Trap Neuter Return | Check-in is from 9 AM to 11 AM | Blackout Dates (No drop off): Call 520-889-9644 for information/updates.
- Due to veterinarian medical issues, there will be no TNR drop off at Santa Cruz Veterinary Clinic on Tuesday, October 31 and Wednesday, November 1.
- November 8th and 22nd | Drive thru 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM | Pathways For Paws | Parvo/Distemper vaccines and $15 microchips | 2035 E. 17th St. | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available (required for licensing). First come, first serve. Questions: text 520-444-7803
- November 11th | Drive thru 9 AM to 10 AM | Pathways For Paws | Parvo/Distemper vaccines and $15 microchips | Lazy V Bar, 2812 W. Alvaro Road (Drexel and Cardinal) | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available (required for licensing). First come, first serve. Questions: text 520-444-7803
- November 14th | Drive thru 5 PM to 6 PM | Pathways For Paws | Parvo/Distemper vaccines and $15 microchips | 4885 S. Houghton Rd | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available (required for licensing). First come, first serve. Questions: text 520-444-7803
Pet Food Assistance:
- Cody’s Friends offers free food for pets and community cats year-round. Visit their website to learn more here.
- To see the full list of pet food resources and programs available in your area, click here.
Additional Outreach and Support:
- Additional information on other sources of support for free or low-cost resources may be found at pets.findhelp.com
- Always check the No Kill Pima County website for the most up-to-date information and a full directory of everyday low-cost options as well as free and reduced-cost pet resources. Click the links below to learn more about each category: Spay & Neuter | Clinics, Vaccines & Dental | Financial Assistance | Emergency Housing | Re-Homing Assistance | Pet Training | Lost Pet | Pet-Friendly Housing