This Grant Writing Workshop is provided virtually via Zoom in partnership with the Santa Cruz Community Foundation. Please register for the event below.
This session will cover content from workshops one and two above for participants from Southern Arizona nonprofits. Since the session will include writing practice, participants should bring laptops/notebooks.
About the presenter
Over Carolyn Owen’s 24 years of grant writing and research experience, she has increased revenue for a wide variety of nonprofits including housing, economic development, youth programs, food banks, conservation organizations, healthcare, job and housing programs, and other social service organizations. She has written for local, national, and international nonprofits as well as municipalities.
Carolyn offers expertise in program design, logic models, implementation plans, budgets, preparation of grant applications with strict attention to detail, board and staff training, strategic planning, and nonprofit best practices.
She has submitted to a wide variety of federal agencies including CDC, USDA, VA, ACF, HUD, CNCS, SAMHSA, NFWF, and DOJ.
She has provided grant writing training at the Pima County Public Library, The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona, the Community Foundation of Southern Arizona, and Arizona Department of Education.
- During 2020 she assisted Interfaith Community Services in obtaining $900,000 from the City of Tucson CARES funding
- In 2020 she assisted the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank in obtaining over $700,000 in competitive grant awards
- During 2018 she obtained $267,000 in grant awards for Middle Georgia Community Food Bank including $70,724 in new grant funders
- In 2017 she acquired a $250,000 contract with City of Tucson for TMM Family Services for whole home rehabilitation
- In 2016 she assisted TMM Family Services in acquiring $950,000 from Pima County and City of Tucson funds for their Senior Housing new construction project
- In 2015 – 2016 she obtained over $700,000 in grant awards for Feeding America Riverside San Bernardino including a $125,000 award from the Weingart Foundation and an $80,000 award from the Annenberg Foundation
- In July 2014 she completed a three-year, $5 million grant request to the CDC for the YMCA of Southern Arizona in partnership with the Pima County Health Department that was recommended for funding but not awarded.