The Community Foundation for Southern Arizona is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2021 Southern Arizona Civic Leadership Award. Nominations will be accepted from November 10, 2020, until January 15, 2021.
Since 2016, CFSA’s Civic Leadership Award has honored members of our community who have gone above and beyond to make Southern Arizona a more inclusive and welcoming place to live.
- Nominees must live in Southern Arizona.
- Nominees have inspired others through either their work, volunteerism, or advocacy efforts with diverse or underrepresented communities. This work is not limited to those serving through nonprofit organizations.
- Nominees must be able to participate in public relations before and willing to speak to attendees during the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona’s Annual Event.
- Nominations may be made by anyone familiar with the nominee
- Before submission, nominee(s) must agree to be nominated; verification is included on the application.
- Up to three letters of support no more than 1 page in length may be uploaded along with the application. A minimum of one letter is required.
- Only fully completed nominations with no more than three letters submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- A review committee selected by the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona shall be appointed to determine the recipient from among the nominees.
- All nominees will be notified prior to the event.
- Please tell us about the nominee.
- Describe why this individual is being nominated and how they have inspired others through their work, volunteerism, or advocacy efforts with underrepresented communities.
- What impact has the nominee’s leadership had on the community?
- Please upload three letters of support.
Nominations can be submitted beginning November 10th, 2020, through the Common Grant Application. First-time users will need to create an account before beginning their nomination. Returning users may log in using their previous account.
Important Dates 2020-2021
- November 10, 2020 – Nominations Open
- January 15, 2021 @ 5:00 PM – Nominations Close
Please contact Enedina Miller, Program Manager, Awards Community Foundation for Southern Arizona at 520-209-1525 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding this process.
2016: Martha Ortiz + Noel Matkin
2017: Ray Davis
2018: Bishop Emeritus Gerald Kicanis
2019: Marcia Berger
2020: Shay Beider