Nominations Open Now!
Since 2016, the CFSA’s Civic Leadership Award has honored individuals who have helped others by giving of themselves to make Southern Arizona a more inclusive and welcoming place to live.
Nominations will be accepted for individuals that have demonstrated leadership through compassion and understanding of the communities they serve. In addition, the nominee should be an inclusive leader and work in partnership with diverse communities. The 2020 Civic Leadership Award recipient will be honored at the CFSA’s Annual event on March 9th, 2020. Nominations must be completed on Common Grant Application by January 10, 2020.
Nominations are submitted through Common Grant Application. If you don’t have a Common Grant Application login already, you will need to create an account before you begin.
Start a Nomination:
Already have an account? Login to start an application.
Don’t have an account? Sign up to open an account and start an application.
- Individual nominees are recognized as a Civic Leader
- Nominee must be based in and serving southern Arizona.
- Nominees have demonstrated inspirational leadership by helping others by giving themselves to make Southern Arizona a more inclusive and welcoming place to live.
- The recipient must be able to participate in public relations before, during and after the event and willing to speak to the attendees at the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona’s March event.
- Nominations may be made by anyone familiar with the nominee.
- Before submission, nominee(s) must agree to be nominated; verification is included on the application.
- Up to three letters of support no more than 1 page in length may be uploaded along with the application. A minimum of one letter is required.
- Only fully completed nominations with no more than three letters submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- A review committee selected by the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona’s Board of Trustees shall be appointed to determine the recipient from among the nominees.
- All nominees will be notified prior to the event.
Important Dates 2019-2020
- December 2, 2019 – Nominations Open
- January 10, 2020 – Deadline for Submission, 5:00 pm
- March 9, 2020 – Celebration Event
- Please tell us about the nominee.
- Describe why this individual should be nominated and how they have demonstrated leadership through compassion and understanding of the communities they serve.
- What impact has their leadership had on the community?
- Letter of Reference (please upload three)
Please contact Enedina Miller, Program Manager, Awards Community Foundation for Southern Arizona at 520-209-1525 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding this process.
2019 Marcia Berger
2018 Bishop Emeritus Gerald Kicanis
2017 Ray Davies
2016 Martha Ortiz
2016 Noel Matkin