Pima Alliance for Animal Welfare (PAAW), an initiative of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, is working to ensure all Pima County companion animals have a loving home and humane care. Through its Human Animal Bond subcommittee, PAAW helps identify, establish, and share services that will help community members better care for their pets.
One of the ways the Human Animal Bond subcommittee supports this goal is by sharing a monthly list of free and reduced-cost resources compiled by No Kill Pima County.
Click here to download a printable PDF with May’s pet resource specials, including eligibility and pricing.
Pet Resource Specials for May 2022
Asavet Free or Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Clinics:
- May 4th | Three Points Fire Station 303 | Check-in at 8:00 am | Free spay/neuter and optional low-cost vaccines. Final one in Three Points for the Summer
- Monday – Friday Throughout May | Santa Cruz Veterinary Clinic | 5408 S 12th Ave | Free Community Cat Trap Neuter Return spay/neuter | Check-in is from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. | Blackout dates apply (No TNR Drop Offs): May 2nd, 3rd, and 30th. Call (520) 889-9643 for additional info/updates
- May 4th and May 18th | Drive thru 4:30 to 5:30 pm| Pathways For Paws | $15 microchips and Free Parvo/Distemper vaccines | 2035 E. 17th St. | Microchip includes free registration, rabies not available. First come first serve
- May 3rd and May 10th | 3:00 to 6:00 pm | Pima Animal Care Center | Free microchips by appointment only: https://waitwhile.com/welcome/microchips
- May 29th | 10:30am to 12:30 | No Kill Pima County $10 microchips | Building Bonds 4809 E. Speedway | includes free registration, first come first serve, Dogs and Cats | 520-477-7401
Pet Food Assistance:
- Cody’s Friends offers free food for pets and community cats year-round. See the full list of pet food resources and programs here.
Always check the No Kill Pima County website for the most up-to-date information and a full directory of everyday low-cost options as well as free and reduced-cost pet resources. Click the links below to learn more about each category: