What is Catchafire?
Catchafire is an online, volunteer-matching platform that matches your organization with professional, virtual volunteers to help complete the projects most critical for your organization’s success. Their community of vetted volunteers offer assistance with over 120 types of capacity-building projects, ranging from short-term graphic design projects like creating a new brochure to long-term initiatives such as leadership coaching and strategic planning.
As a for-purpose social enterprise, Public-Benefit Corporation, and certified B-Corp, Catchafire is committed to helping organizations complete important work, thereby strengthening organizational capacity and helping changemakers achieve their goals.
If you are selected for a membership, you will also receive in-person training, webinar support, and tech support throughout the process to maximize your membership. Each one year membership is paid for in full by the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona.
Watch the video below to learn how other nonprofits have utilized the Catchafire platform to increase their impact.
How do I apply?
CFSA will be granting one-year memberships to 100 nonprofits in southern Arizona. If your organization is interested in applying for a fully-funded, year-long membership, we ask that you complete a short online form through Common Grant Application. This short form should take 20 or less minutes to complete. The completed form is due July 22, 2019 at 5 pm.
First-time users of Common Grant Application: click here. If you have already applied for a grant using Common Grant Application you should have an account. Returning users click here.
We ask that if you are not serious about utilizing this membership, please do not apply. Memberships are not transferable and the fee is paid by CFSA, regardless of your use. Please note, if your organization is selected for a 2019-2020 membership and does not utilize the Catchafire during the program year, you will not be eligible to receive this capacity building opportunity in the future.
Granted memberships are valid until July 31, 2020, and your organization will be able to post and complete as many projects as you wish during that time frame.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- One application will be accepted per organization.
- The applicant must be a 501(c)3 in good standing conducting charitable work in southern Arizona directly benefiting southern Arizona, defined as the portion of the State located south of the Gila River. We welcome applicants from the Foundation’s entire service area including Tucson, Yuma, Safford, Douglas, Sierra Vista, Bisbee, Nogales, and other Southern Arizona communities.
- Grants are not made to individuals, for-profit organizations, government entities, capital fund drives, construction, or renovation (minor capital improvements required to implement programs are allowable), agency endowments, debt reduction, individual schools, religious organizations for sectarian purposes, or pure sports teams.
- One of our guiding principles is to honor the rich diversity of our community and to promote equal opportunities for all people. Awards made by the Foundation’s various grant panels support organizations that do not discriminate in their employment practices, volunteer opportunities or delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, ethnicity, marital status, familial status, gender identity, economic circumstances and/or veteran status.
- July 1, 2019 – Online Form Opens
- July 22, 2019 – Online Form Due by 5 pm
- August 7-9, 2019 – CFSA will notify organizations about granted memberships
- August 12, 2019 – Organization must confirm interest
- Week of September 16, 2019 – Memberships will become available
- September & October 2019 – In-person and online training begins
- Ongoing Program Activities – September 2019 through July 2020
Questions? Please contact Kelly Huber, Director of Community Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org 520-209-2858.