Get Ready for the Giving Season!
As the end of the year fast approaches, we want to share key dates to make sure your charitable planning happens smoothly and according to your wishes. Here’s what you need to know about making a year-end gift:
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to CFSA must be postmarked on or before December 30, 2017.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL must be physically received by CFSA on or before December 29, 2017.
- Online contributions via www.cfsaz.org may be made until December 31, 2017.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 28, 2017.
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be made by December 26, 2017. Please notify CFSA of the transfer as soon as possible by calling 520-770-0800 or sending an email to email@example.com
- Gifts of Mutual Funds should be made by December 18, 2017. Please notify CFSA of the transfer as soon as possible by calling 520-770-0800 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here’s what you need to know about making a year-end grant from your donor advised fund:
- Please know that the normal turnaround time from receipt of grant recommendations to issuance of a check is approximately two (2) weeks.
- Donor advised fund grant recommendations should be made in the Donor Portal on December 14, 2017 to facilitate issuing grant checks prior to year’s end.
- Timing of grants does not impact charitable income tax donations.
- If the grant does need to be counted for a year-end match, please contact CFSA as soon as possible by calling 520-770-0800 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact Jennifer Jones, Director of Donor Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 770-0800 ext. 7110, if you have any questions or need additional information.